Watermelon Roses

A collection of random thoughts, commentaries, and journaling. There is a lot to explore here, including links to other sites of mine. These are mostly for my own benefit, but guests are welcome to browse and explore as much or as little as they like.

Monday, October 27, 2008

More of the Same

7pm Nothing new to report. Layth was here playing cards with us for a while until K finished work and took him home. It was nice having him here! He left me a flower he made to brighten my room. Hoping and praying for a miracle to save me from a C-section and make this long hospital stay worthwhile. If you're the praying type, please add your prayers to ours!

10:30am Rocking in recommended positions while Mom naps. Doctor has ordered immediate induction with pitocin if baby does turn any time before noon tomorrow. C-section is scheduled for 12:30pm tomorrow afternoon. Beginning to resign myself to it, though still not giving up completely.

8am Baby still sideways, of course. The doctor said if we had been anyone else, she'd have done a C-section last Friday. For us, she'll give us one more day to try to avoid the section, but expressed concern at how outrageously expensive our hospital bill is going to be. I had a great nurse yesterday who was very encouraging and made a couple of suggestions for positions that might help baby turn. I'll try those today. The doctor said Tuesday night or Wednesday morning is our deadline. K went back to work today, but my mom's bus arrived from Texas this morning, so I have her for company now!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

Still waiting with you!
Maybe he was just waiting for his Grandma?

Hi to your Mom!

Love,
Jeanne

9:15 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

So sorry the little guy is being so stubborn. Come on little one, it's time...

9:51 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

If you do end up with a C-section, at least you'll have experienced all the fun ways to have a baby! (Though I guess you never got the giving-birth-in-a-taxi-with-a-total-stranger-assisting experience, huh? Oh well.)

11:12 AM  
Blogger PolkaDotGaloshes said...

Just wanted to say I am thinking of you so much at the moment...crossing my fingers! I'll Join Jenn in a little cheer session for baby...Come on little one! Its time, you can do it.
Hugs =)

11:40 AM  
Blogger Seattle Salerno Stories said...

Loved the photos you shared on the group site. Can't wait to see photos of the new one too! Maybe he is just being extremely camera shy. Best wishes,
Renate

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there, mama, you're almost there! Can't wait to meet your little man, and I hope it goes well no matter how he decides to come out! :)

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home