Watermelon Roses

A collection of random thoughts, commentaries, and journaling. There is a lot to explore here, including links to other sites of mine. These are mostly for my own benefit, but guests are welcome to browse and explore as much or as little as they like.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Frustration Sets In

9:45pm Great nurses today, at least. No change in baby's position. Must stop consoling myself with snacks! Watched "Persepolis" today. Second movie in a row I let K pick that has put me to sleep. ("American Grafitti" had the same effect.) Sticking to my choices for a while. :-) Dozing periodically, pretty sure it will be an early night tonight. Crossing fingers for better luck tomorrow.

3pm Baby still sideways, of course. Losing hope that he'll turn in time for me to avoid a C-section later this week. Wondering how outrageously high my hospital bill is going to be. Can't wait for my regular doctor (who actually seems to care) to be back tomorrow. Can't wait for my mom to arrive tomorrow!

9am I woke up this morning and could tell that baby was no longer sideways. Since this seems to happen every morning, only to have him go sideways when I get up, I called the nurse right away and asked her to find the doctor on call. No doctors here. This particular doctor didn't check on me even once when she was on call on Friday, either. A midwife came in and did an ultrasound, and found baby like he was yesterday morning when we made a plan - not quite head-down but almost. She and the nurse tried to tell me to just be patient, go for a walk, it would happen, no rush, etc. I just wanted to cry, because no matter how often I repeated yesterday's plan, they just kept saying the same things. I finally just said ok, they left with instructions to grab the doctor if they saw her, and I just laid there, refusing to move. I finally sat up a little to sip some orange juice and sure enough, the baby popped right into his sideways position, where based on the past few days, he'll stay all day.

5 Comments:

Blogger Seattle Salerno Stories said...

I keep checking!!! Almost hourly to see any progress and to see how you are hanging in there. So the halloween party was fun. Maggie was an amazing witch, Sarah was a hot pirate wench, Danielle was a bunny, but those were the most memorable adult costumes. There were others that were cute too. So are there any restaurants that cook in the manner your husband needs? I wondered if there are any in the area that have that as a selling point.

I am thinking vertical thoughts for your baby. I hope all continues with your good health, I am thinking of you!

12:09 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Major frustration. I am so sorry!

No rush, my eye.

Grrrr.

Love,
Jeanne

3:53 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Bummer. I keep checking in, thinking, "This time there will be a surprise!" No such luck, unless you're so busy in labor that you can't update (I can hope, anyway). Sorry if you're still waiting. Try to relax and soak up the relative peace and quiet... the busy days will be back before you know it.

You might try writing a letter to the little munchkin. Keep it in his baby book and read it to him at every birthday and when his wife is pregnant.

Love,
Jeanne

9:37 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Just looked up Persepolis. Sounds like an fascinating storyline, but I can't stand animated drama. I would've been falling asleep too.


Praying for a great day today! (Monday 10/27)

Love,
Jeanne

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nikki, you're in my thoughts and prayers! I hope you're able to enjoy this rare opportunity to rest, and that little guy of yours keeps his head down! Please let me know if I can do anything to help you. Big hugs!

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home