Watermelon Roses

A collection of random thoughts, commentaries, and journaling. There is a lot to explore here, including links to other sites of mine. These are mostly for my own benefit, but guests are welcome to browse and explore as much or as little as they like.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Yes and No

Baby wasn't very cooperative this morning, and was completely sideways. This was just as well, because even though I did manage to get my hospital bag packed, I still felt like there were too many things left undone. I came home, did enough laundry to get the children and K through most of the week, did the dishes the way I like them done, dug the baby's car seat and bassinet out of the garage (you'd think I'd have done that weeks ago, but no,) and found the breast pump on a shelf in the back of the garage. Washed the car seat cover and bassinet sheet, vacuumed the unwashable, just slightly dusty edges and ruffles of the bassinet, and carted things upstairs. Cleared off my dresser (unrelated to the baby, but has been on my to-do list for ages and made me feel better) and set up the bassinet. We still haven't done much baby shopping (though I can at least get by on what we have now,) but we did manage to get a going-home outfit.

K wanted to check me one more time this afternoon after I did all that, just in case, and lo and behold, baby was head down, the cervix was favorable, and we were good to go. K called the doctor (and the doctor said, "no more monkeys ..." Oh, wait, wrong story ...) who was very pleased with my progress but regretful that labor and delivery were completely full, and no beds were available for our induction. She said she might call us later, but since we haven't heard from her and she's not working tomorrow, we're just planning to wait until my appointment Tuesday morning and hope baby either stays in or goes back to his head-down position by then.

We're planning to celebrate Layla's birthday tomorrow by going to Chuck E. Cheese, as usual, and Layth wants to pick a cake for her (us) after school. I'll plan on posting an update on Tuesday unless I'm admitted to the hospital, so no news will be good news! If I'm admitted, I'll ask my mom to post updates as comments to this post so no one has to wait on pins and needles to hear from me. :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

Happy birthday, Layla! Hugs to you and Mina, though I have no doubt that God's hugs are infinitely sweeter than mine. Looking forward to meeting you both some day!

Nikki, I hope little Dude comes quickly! Now that you're ready for him he has no more excuses.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home