Watermelon Roses

A collection of random thoughts, commentaries, and journaling. There is a lot to explore here, including links to other sites of mine. These are mostly for my own benefit, but guests are welcome to browse and explore as much or as little as they like.

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Babyness

We toured the hospital's maternity ward last night, followed by a lovely (and rare) dinner for two since we already had a sitter. I've been very spoiled by Medical City in Dallas, so I can't say I was overly impressed, but it is certainly satisfactory enough and gave us little butterflies of excitement for the impending arrival. It's amazing to see the tiny diapers and t-shirts and to remember that our big boys and girl at home used to be that small! Baby Rayan is going to seem like a giant next to the new little one. The neatest thing they had at this hospital is a baby photo machine thing. We can roll the hospital bassinet under the camera and take as many pictures as we like instead of having a photographer come to the room. We can post all the pictures to the virtual nursery for family and friends to look at, and print a few for ourselves, all at no charge. We can also use cell phones in the delivery room to keep our parents posted. It's about time technology advanced far enough for that! I'm not thrilled that they're going to kick me out after 24 hours (with Mina I left after 6 hours, and with Layla begged to be released after 12 hours, but have since learned my lesson and enjoyed every peaceful toddler-free moment in the hospital I could get!) but I'll manage. I suspect Baby will need phototherapy like his jaundiced brother and sister anyway, in which case I'll be staying a little longer.

I had my 38-week checkup today, details of which have been posted at 40 Weeks, and I'm taking Layth and Maya to a class tomorrow evening that prepares children 3 1/2 and over to welcome a new baby into the house. I'm just now starting to try to prepare Rayan for the baby, but I don't really expect him to get it until we bring the baby home.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

Yay! An update! So does that cool photo thingie upload to your blog, too? Don't forget to include my address in your invites to the virtual nursery!

Fun boy names:

Mashal
Badri
Dani
Eshan
Ghali
Saji
Tali
Zain

Love you!

1:13 PM  
Blogger PolkaDotGaloshes said...

OK so where did that time fly? Has it really been 38 weeks already, Oh my gosh! I am so excited for the pending arrival and can not wait to meet the little guy =)
Hope you doing well and the kids have fun at their "welcoming baby" class...miss you and hope to catch up soon =)
Hugs....Julia

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home