Watermelon Roses

A collection of random thoughts, commentaries, and journaling. There is a lot to explore here, including links to other sites of mine. These are mostly for my own benefit, but guests are welcome to browse and explore as much or as little as they like.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

One of Those (Beautiful) Days

When I went outside this morning to see Layth off to school, I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't as cold as it has been, the sun was shining, and the birds were singing. I opened the windows in the house and admired the back garden with the dew still shining on the conifers surrounding our patio and the dark pink rhododendrons next to the steps. The air had the same fresh smell that it had when we first moved here last summer and I spent several minutes just happily breathing the fresh air and gazing out the window.

Later, as I was putting Rayan in the car for his visit with the neuro-ophthalmologist (everything was fine, by the way, no field of vision problems or astigmatism,) I heard an eagle cry and turned just in time to see it soaring over the golf course to settle near the top of the tallest pine tree in the area. I wish I had binoculars or a telescope! As we drove to Seattle, I admired the ripples on the lake and the pink and white blossoms on the trees. As we were coming home past grassy yards blanketed with yellow dandelions, I had to put the windows down to better enjoy the flower-scented air, and the snow-capped Cascades in front of me were so beautiful that I could hardly believe they were real. Had I not paid $3.72 per gallon for a $65 tank of gas on the way home, it would have been a perfect day. That said, it was well worth the price of gas for the way I felt all day. I love living here!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home