Watermelon Roses

A collection of random thoughts, commentaries, and journaling. There is a lot to explore here, including links to other sites of mine. These are mostly for my own benefit, but guests are welcome to browse and explore as much or as little as they like.

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Remlinger Farms

We went to Remlinger Farms on Sunday. It was a scenic drive and a lovely day. The farm was very cute and welcoming with friendly scarecrows and harvest decorations. There was a swimming-pool-sized pit filled with hay for jumping and a hay maze for the children. There were rides and a miniature train. There was a petting/feeding area with small farm animals. There was a nice gift shop and a restaurant with a play area, which is where we were when K met us after finishing up at the office. He rode the train with us, then we browsed the store for a while and picked up a couple of pies to take home. The children got balloons, but Layth's escaped before we even made it to the car. We watched it until it vanished from sight. I'd like to come back here for the pumpkin patch next month!






We heard a bump followed by distraught crying coming from Rayan's room one night earlier this week and went in to find him sitting on the floor, no doubt where he landed after climbing out of his crib. I dismantled the crib on Thursday and put a twin mattress on the floor. We'll get a low frame eventually. I had to take one last picture of Rayan in his (and Maya's, and Layth's, and Layla's, and Mina's) crib. I'm ready to retire that worn-out crib for good, but K isn't ready to let go since it belonged to the girls.


Layth's picture day was yesterday - we'll see how that turned out in a couple of weeks. I realized after dropping him off that I hadn't tucked his shirt in, but I don't think we'll see that anyway unless there's a class picture. I also had to go with K to a formal business dinner. The entertainment for the evening was a severe nun in full habit giving us a quick lesson in Catholicism. We found out later that she was the star of Seattle's Late Nite Catechism. If this is showing near you, it's a lot of fun, even if you're not Catholic! I even learned a couple of things I never knew and was corrected on a thing or two that I thought I knew.

K's dad and I went to a Hindi movie called Chak De! India tonight. It was a great story, and the star, Shahrukh Khan is my favorite Bollywood star, but it was lacking the colorful (and improbable) song and dance routines that I love. This was probably the most serious Hindi movie I've seen! I'm looking forward to Shahrukh's next film, which promises lots of song and dance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home