Watermelon Roses

A collection of random thoughts, commentaries, and journaling. There is a lot to explore here, including links to other sites of mine. These are mostly for my own benefit, but guests are welcome to browse and explore as much or as little as they like.

Friday, August 31, 2007

Happenings

I joined a great mom's group a couple of weeks ago, and am very excited about having met such a great group of women. It has gone a long way toward helping me not to feel so isolated up here. We also went to our local park for an outdoor showing of Charlotte's Web. There was a great feeling of community there, and we had a great time. Mid-August, and it was cold enough for coats after dark! That was exciting for me. :-)

We had our cars serviced and bought raincoats last weekend. Apparently nothing marks you as a tourist in Seattle more readily than an umbrella. I read this in a travel guide, and several people I've talked to here have confirmed that indeed, they own no umbrellas. Our large umbrella collection is now gathering dust in the garage.

K took me to Chinook's tonight, a restaurant that his partner took him to when he came to interview. It was wonderful, and had the best bread pudding I've ever had in a restaurant (beating out Old Country Buffet/Hometown Buffet, now in second place.) I can't wait to go back just for the bread pudding! I can't wait to go somewhere with crab legs, though. When my dad found out I was moving to Seattle, he had me watch The Deadliest Catch on the Discovery Channel. I've been craving king crab legs ever since! Chinook's is right on the water in Seattle's Fishermen's Terminal, and I can't help but wonder if any of the boats moored there are from The Deadliest Catch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home