Watermelon Roses

A collection of random thoughts, commentaries, and journaling. There is a lot to explore here, including links to other sites of mine. These are mostly for my own benefit, but guests are welcome to browse and explore as much or as little as they like.

Friday, October 10, 2008

Fretfulness

Sooo ... I was informed yesterday that K's parents are coming - next week - for 8 weeks.

I was informed today that K's partner and his family are coming - tomorrow - for a 6-course home-cooked Indian meal, half of which I need to prepare.

Tonight's family night? Cancelled, due to heavy workload.

I need a hug!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

Eight weeks?

Six course meal? Tonight?

Oh, honey. You don't need a hug, you need a quick case of disassociation disorder-- or whatever it's called when a second personality takes over your brain in situations of great trauma (like in Sybil).

Perhaps a lobotomy would help?

Bless your heart.

Sending hugs. Wish I could be there to help. Just pretend I'm looking over your shoulder rolling my eyes with you and encouraging you to laugh at the ridiculous things you can do nothing about.

Do your best, be yourself, and please don't let other people's expectations and demands and judgments make you forget that you are a part of the family, too, and should enjoy the blessings of family, and not just be the bestower of blessings. If people expect you to leap tall buildings and outrace trains it's their problem.

Love always, Jeanne

7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ack! Okay, I'll quit complaining. Here's a hug...(((Nikki))).

:) Marti

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home