Watermelon Roses

A collection of random thoughts, commentaries, and journaling. There is a lot to explore here, including links to other sites of mine. These are mostly for my own benefit, but guests are welcome to browse and explore as much or as little as they like.

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Take Three

8:15pm I've walked, napped on my side, rocked, danced, poked at baby's head - nothing will budge him from that sideways position. K has gone to get Layth for a visit. I'm pretty resigned to nothing happening tonight. I'd like to see the doctor again and ask that everything we need be on hand so that we can act as soon as we find baby head-down, since he always moves while we're waiting for things.

12:15pm The nurse heplocked my IV and said I could get dressed and go to lunch with K. Thank you so much to those of you who have offered to come by and/or bring entertainment! If things get as lonely as they did yesterday, I may take you up on it. At the moment, the plan is lunch, then try to catch baby head down and bind him!

10:45am Everything on hold - baby turned again before they could get here with the binder.

9:30am The doctor on call just did the re-assessment and found that though the baby is not completely head down, he's closer than he has been. The new plan is to put an abdominal binder on to hold the baby in place and encourage him to finish going head down (although I feel him moving as I type, so we'll see,) then administer Cytotec to start labor, then rupture the membranes, then have the baby one way or another. The plans have changed so often now that I'll believe it when I see it. Still waiting for the binder at this point and hoping baby is just dancing and not flipping.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

But hey, you may as well get on the wait list for that baby gymnastics class now. Olympics 2024, here you come!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Seattle Salerno Stories said...

anything I can do to help? If you are lonely in the hospital, feel free to call, I would love to be there however is helpful.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Tell him if he'll be a good boy and come out now, Auntie Jeanne will give him all the Halloween candy he can eat.

(A dirty, low-down trick, I know, seeing as how he wouldn't be able to eat any at all... though maybe he could have one of those Jolly Rancher-style "pacifiers"?)

You might tell him, however, that he'll have a whole lot more freedom to move once he's on the outside.

Off to check for Arabic names meaning "restless one"....

12:48 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Well, here are some possible middle names for the wee one in honor of his clear preference for doing things his way:


Azzam: determined
Rigel: foot (cause he's foot-end first)
Sabir: patient

Mybe you could just call him Azzam Rigel, 'cause he's determined to be foot-first!
:) Hope lunch was great.
Love,
Jeanne

1:05 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

What a character this boy is!

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home