Watermelon Roses

A collection of random thoughts, commentaries, and journaling. There is a lot to explore here, including links to other sites of mine. These are mostly for my own benefit, but guests are welcome to browse and explore as much or as little as they like.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Take Two

10:30pm Doctor has advised us to sleep. Planning to snack on peanut butter crackers, finish watching American Grafitti, check baby's position again, then try to sleep. Maya is missing me - I miss her, too!!

9pm Baby taking the long way around, almost complete breech now. Doctor willing to wait it out, so I get to eat dinner, and they brought an ultrasound machine in for K so he can check position periodically. We'll let the doctor know if baby goes head down, then we'll start pitocin again while I hold baby in place. May rupture the membranes at that time.

7:30pm Contractions were coming along, doctor came to check, found baby sideways. Pitocin was stopped, and now I'm up wandering around and hoping baby will turn again so we don't have to do a C-section.

4:30pm At my appointment this morning, I was told we were planning to induce on the 28th, then I was sent for a non-stress test and biophysical profile to be sure the baby is still happy. The baby is happy enough, but the amniotic fluid is low and they're predicting a 9-9 1/2 pound baby, so they decided to induce today. I'm looking forward to meeting the baby, but I feel anxious today for some reason. After Tuesday, I kinda feel like I need to be at home with my children!

They just started the pitocin, so we have quite a while to go. My prediction is sometime between 4:30am and 6:30am tomorrow, based on my past history. I'll keep my readers posted, though!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

It would be a shame to waste your awesome baby-pushing expertise on a C-section, but it's the end result that's most important, right? :)

Keep your chin up; you'll be meeting your little guy soon!

Love,
Jeanne

7:54 PM  
Blogger Seattle Salerno Stories said...

You are in our thoughts Nikki, and I love your updates!

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home