Watermelon Roses

A collection of random thoughts, commentaries, and journaling. There is a lot to explore here, including links to other sites of mine. These are mostly for my own benefit, but guests are welcome to browse and explore as much or as little as they like.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Answers

I'm definitely hurting today. I'm not sure I would have had so many children if I had to go through a C-section each time!

I asked my doctor about the abdominal support band. She said it works for some and not for others, but I was welcome to try it. When I got to the mother and baby wing, I asked my nurses about it, and they practically insisted that I was confused, that those were for pregnancy, not postpartum. They said I should ask my doctor (again.) Of course, when she came in to do the circumcision today, I wasn't thinking about it and forgot to ask. I can sure see the benefits, though, and plan to ask tonight's nurse and the doctor tomorrow.

For those asking about bringing food (and I'll answer private e-mails, too,) with my in-laws being here (and keeping in mind their strict halal diet - halal being similar to kosher) I think it would be too hard to please everyone. Besides, there are plenty of extra hands to take care of food right now, and I'll be healed (God willing) by the time they leave in December. I so appreciate the offers, though!

As for baby pictures, there's a nifty baby photo kiosk here where we can take our own baby pictures and give out a link to the website for viewing. Our first attempt involved trying to squeeze a 10-pound baby into the preemie-sized going home outfit we brought. That didn't work so well, so K brought bigger clothes. Our second attempt found us waiting in line so long that Zayd was getting too fussy and we had to go back to our room to feed him. We haven't tried a third time, but I know everyone is anxious - we'll get there! He hasn't stopped frowning since he was born, and rarely opens his eyes more than to squint at us, though, so be warned. :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

Sorry your nurses don't know about the support band. Not surprising, though. My doctors never suggested it, either. I wouldn't have known about it myself except that my mom has been a labor & delivery nurse for 50 years (yes, literally; she's 71 and still happily working) and her last 2 of 6 births were C-sections. I'm not sure where Mom procured mine, but she was the one who got it for me. Honestly, though, any nurse who tells you they wouldn't make you feel better has never had abdominal surgery!

So, are you not allowed to take personal digital photos and post them? I know hospitals have some pretty strict security rules these days. Oh, well. All babies look alike anyway, right?

Just kidding!! Can't wait to see him. Hugs to you and Zayd,
Love,
Jeanne

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home