Watermelon Roses

A collection of random thoughts, commentaries, and journaling. There is a lot to explore here, including links to other sites of mine. These are mostly for my own benefit, but guests are welcome to browse and explore as much or as little as they like.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Calamity


Victim of a hit-and-run.

Any who know me also know I tend to speak my mind, often without thinking first. Yesterday, however, I worked very hard at holding my tongue after K was involved in yet another automobile accident. I did remarkably well, but there are just some things I have to say, so I'm going to take the chance that he's forgotten all about this little blogspot of mine.

First of all, this is precisely why I don't like to let him drive my car, whether the rest of us are riding along or not. I love my car, and he scraped it up once already, and I can't bear to see it happen again. I confess to feelings of self-righteousness where my driving record is concerned, and I rarely miss an opportunity to point out the comparison to his driving record. I'm not terribly proud of this, but it's true.

This time, it was a hit-and-run driver that made a mess of his car, and while I'll agree with him that the other driver was at fault and that he should be tracked down and prosecuted, I can't help but think that driving a little more defensively might have avoided the collision. It's easy for me to say, of course, since I wasn't there. I'm also fairly certain that if I had been the one who was hit, I'd be absolutely sure there was nothing I could have done about it. Since I wasn't there, and since K was the one hit, and given his history ... did I mention I'm a little self-righteous at times?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home