Watermelon Roses

A collection of random thoughts, commentaries, and journaling. There is a lot to explore here, including links to other sites of mine. These are mostly for my own benefit, but guests are welcome to browse and explore as much or as little as they like.

Friday, March 25, 2005

Conceit



Without even knowing exactly what I want to say, or whether I even want to say anything ...

Without any thought of who I might direct to this site, or attract to this site, if anyone ...

Considering only the freedom to say what I think, to express my feelings on a blank page, with no fear of judgment ... at least not yet. I suppose that will, in the long run, depend upon whether I have any readers, and even more, whether I have any readers whose opinions matter to me.

Why not just put pen to paper, then, or create an unpublished document? There lies the conceit. Perhaps I will flounder aimlessly and express nothing worthwhile, but suppose I have a moment or two of profound thought, or have something worth sharing that means something to someone? At the moment, I'm writing only for myself. Someone may discover my writings, or they may not.

So, this is my space. My unbiased sounding board. My non-judgmental shoulder to cry on.

My conceit.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, as someone who shares your idea about creating something worthwhile for people to read, let me say that no writer who does so in a public environment writes solely for themselves. That's the whole purpose of putting it out somewhere that people can see, to let them see it, reflect on it, and maybe even comment or share their own opinions about it. That's the greatness of the internet as a whole, people from all types of life can come to the same area, look for the same information, and in turn, give their own perspectives on what that information means to them and possibly countless other people.

Keep writing and keep thinking! *grin*

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home