Watermelon Roses

A collection of random thoughts, commentaries, and journaling. There is a lot to explore here, including links to other sites of mine. These are mostly for my own benefit, but guests are welcome to browse and explore as much or as little as they like.

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Encore


The 5th of 40 weeks ...

The big news in our house is that we're expecting another baby. Yes, another one. Yes, it was planned. No, I'm not crazy. Yes, I know what causes these things. We're very happy that it happened so easily since in obstetric circles I'm practically considered a senior citizen at the ripe old age of 35. Yes, we're planning to find out the gender (that will be in early January, if all goes well.) Yes, we are hoping for another girl, but like all parents-to-be, we'll be delighted regardless and hope above all else for the baby's good health and well-being. The baby is due May 24. No, we're not really thinking too much about names yet ... probably not until we know the gender. Our families are happy (though a couple of the men do think we're gluttons for punishment, if not exactly crazy.) Justin is delighted. No, we haven't told Layth and Maya yet. We'll probably tell Layth once he can feel the baby move, and we'll probably tell Maya a month or so ahead of time, or whenever we think she'll have the slightest inkling of what we're talking about.

I know some of my readers like to keep up with every aspect of the pregnancy, while others would rather not know all the fine details, so look for a link called 'Baby' under Thinking on the left (to be added as soon as I make the time.) Those with a more pressing desire to know exactly how things are progressing can check there for the details.

There will be another addition on the left called 'Theology' soon ... I've already started work on that one, by request, and it shouldn't be much longer. I have so much to write, and so little time! I'll get busy this week, I promise. (Either that, or I'll edit this post to delete that promise and pretend it never existed, but that's another matter.) Let's hope for the best!

Edit: 'Theology' has come and gone, but can be found (along with other past topics) here.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nikki!!!

Congratulations! Now you know that I check in on your blog! I am really, really happy for you.

Sacha

7:05 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Thank you, Sacha! Isn't it about time for us to get together with Liz again? :-)

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrads.I am very happy for you.
-Rebecca

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home