Watermelon Roses

A collection of random thoughts, commentaries, and journaling. There is a lot to explore here, including links to other sites of mine. These are mostly for my own benefit, but guests are welcome to browse and explore as much or as little as they like.

Monday, August 01, 2005

Daddy's Boy


Daddy's Boy

Layth is officially a Daddy's boy now. Neither Justin nor Layla had a distinct preference, and Mina was definitely a Mama's girl. This is my first experience with being shunned by my own child, and I have to say, while it has its advantages, I don't like it much. On the one hand, I don't have to change his diapers or carry him when he gets tired, but on the other hand, I don't get to kiss his boo-boos or tuck him into bed at night. I've resorted to taking advantage of the few times he asks me for something to get a big squeezy hug and a kiss first. I know he still likes me, and he's happy to see me in the morning, but it's Gaga (Mina's version of "Daddy" ... we don't know how or why, but it stuck) he calls for when he's hurt, tired, hungry, dirty, or finished sleeping.

K started his first day in private practice today, so Layth is going to have to get used to me again. I find that it's really not so bad to be the one depended on for everything. Now that I've had a taste of what it's like not to be needed so much, I think I'd rather play mommy than have all that time to myself. I know the day will come when I won't have a choice. Although he's still asking for Gaga quite a bit this morning, he seems to accept that he'll have to settle for me while Gaga's at work, and we even put big-boy underwear on this morning and transitioned the stand-alone potty onto the big potty. So far, so good, and very few complaints from the Daddy's boy. I'm not redundant yet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home