Watermelon Roses

A collection of random thoughts, commentaries, and journaling. There is a lot to explore here, including links to other sites of mine. These are mostly for my own benefit, but guests are welcome to browse and explore as much or as little as they like.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

A Lack of Sheep

If I had sheep, perhaps I could count them and sleep like a normal person. I'm sheepless, however, and mostly sleepless, too. This leads to wacky posts in the middle of the night. Sorry.

On the bright side, my house is mostly tidy though there are still plenty of boxes in the garage to go through. The Grand Prairie house is officially on the market. We've put a couple of pots of flowers out front, but we're holding off on landscaping a little longer just to see if it might sell without it. We may have to give a carpet allowance, since even after cleaning, it looks somewhat worn. Otherwise, it looks great.

My most recent time-wasters in the wee hours of the night are Yahoo spades and pyramids, and MySpace. K ever-so-gently (not) points out that I'm too old for MySpace, but my teenager is there, and what better way to keep up with him and his girlfriend than to join him there? Even my mother has joined in now. Of course, reading the teen pages of MySpace is scary and confusing at times, but I do at least get a general idea of what they're up to. So, since I have to have a MySpace account, I might as well look up all my old friends, customize my backgrounds and music, and fill out my profile. And once I find my old friends, I have to read everything they've written. This is why I'm still awake at the time that some unfortunate souls (poor Mom) are already getting up to start their day.

Every day I instruct myself to be more reasonable about bedtime, and I occasionally listen, but once I've listened and caught up on sleep, the crazy wakefulness comes back. I have such great plans for my schedule once I can start sleeping regularly. I wonder when that will be? Now to tiptoe off to bed before K's alarm goes off and he starts lecturing me ...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can't be too old for MySpace. I'm 41, and I have a MySpace account... I "have to" to keep up with my youngest brother. Although technically once you're past 30 it becomes MySpy. And that's okay. This younger generation needs somebody watching out for it! Sadly, sometimes reading the teen/twenties' pages, it's more of MySigh... or MyCry.
Jeanne

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heck, I just acted like I belong there on myspace... what do I know about being too old???!!!

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home