Watermelon Roses

A collection of random thoughts, commentaries, and journaling. There is a lot to explore here, including links to other sites of mine. These are mostly for my own benefit, but guests are welcome to browse and explore as much or as little as they like.

Monday, August 28, 2006

You're welcome, DFW.

The DFW (Dallas/Ft. Worth for all you non-locals) area thanks us. We had to load and unload a U-haul this past weekend as we continue emptying the Grand Prairie house, and any time we move, the heavens open and the rain comes down. If we had only started moving months ago and continued to work on it every week or two, perhaps this drought could have been avoided. We're really very grateful for the rain and the cooler temperatures, though I do wish it could have been either a day sooner or a day later.

After a long 14 hour day of packing, cleaning, loading and unloading yesterday, I had a comparatively easy day today. My job today was to work on getting phone service and utilities transferred over. I had a very frustrating afternoon trying to deal with TXU, our electric provider only because they tricked me into switching without providing any of the benefits they promised. I cancelled my service with them and will be going back to Direct Energy. K learned from SBC, and now I have learned from TXU, that incentives offered by telemarketers and door-to-door "representatives" are not always honored, and we'll never switch services by either of those means again.

Tomorrow it's back to Grand Prairie to do some more packing, vacuuming, and baseboard cleaning before the painters come bright and early on Wednesday. Somehow I'm supposed to get the house we're living in packed up, too, since we're supposed to be moving this weekend into the third of our juggled houses. How I'm going to get everything done while playing mommy to three small children, I'm not yet sure. We'll just carry on and do what we can. I'll keep you posted!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bless your heart!! Moving is something else. Never my favorite adventure. But sounds like you're going to have a nice new place to enjoy. Happy unpacking!
Love,
Jeanne

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home